Equine Healthcare Market Outlook 2028
- The globalequine healthcare market was valued at US$ 7 Mn in 2020
- It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 3%from 2021 to 2028
- The globalequine healthcare market is expected to cross the value of US$ 8 Mn by the end of 2028
Request Sample: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=Srep_id=1603
Analysts’ Viewpoint on Equine Healthcare Market Scenario
Equine practitioners are practicing strict biosecurity at all farms, performance venues, racetracks, and the likes during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It has been found that issues of recurring common horse healthcare problems are affecting market growth. Hence, stakeholders in the equine healthcare market should increase awareness about regular de-worming schedules and professional veterinary advice to reduce the incidence of recurring common horse healthcare problems. Therapeutics such as corticosteroids are being extensively used as joint injections. Bisphosphonates such as tiludronate disodium (Tildren) and clondronate (Osphos) are labelled for controlling clinical signs associated with navicular syndrome. There is a need for research surrounding bisphosphonate use in horses under the age of four.
Comprehensive Equine Vaccine Portfolio Creates Revenue Opportunities for Manufacturers
Equine practitioners are performing a risk-benefit analysis to determine if a horse should receive a particular risk-based vaccine. This is necessary since extra vaccinations can be costly and can cause unnecessary stress to the horse. Manufacturers in the equine healthcare market are increasing the production of vaccines to improve clinical numbers. With the help of risk-benefit analysis, veterinarians are educating horse owners about different types of risk-based vaccines such as equine influenza and strangles vaccines for horses active at events.
Manufacturers in the equine healthcare market are developing the anthrax vaccine for horses that live in an area where spores are known to thrive in the soil. On the other hand, pregnant mares during specific months of pregnancy are advised to receive certain risk-based vaccines. Companies are developing a diverse portfolio in vaccine such as the equine herpesvirus, botulism and rotaviral diarrhea.
AVMA Draws Guidance for Equine Veterinarians amid Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic
Apart from ensuring healthcare services for horses, the COVID-19 pandemic has drawn attention to the wellbeing of equine veterinarians. Stakeholders in the equine healthcare market are taking cues from the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) such as following the hierarchy of controls to reduce the spread of the novel infection among equine practitioners.
While PPE (personal protective equipment) serves as an important protective function, the optimal way to prevent disease transmission is to use a combination of interventions from across the hierarchy of controls. Participants in the equine healthcare market are re-scheduling non-urgent veterinary procedures. They are considering telemedicine as an alternative to in-person visit.
Professional Veterinary Intervention Helps Overcome Recurring Common Horse healthcare Problems
Common horse healthcare problems such as laminitis or thrush can leave a horse more likely to contract it again. Hence, participants in the market are educating horse owners to seek professional veterinary advice and veterinary intervention to improve clinical outcomes.
The high prevalence of allergies, colic, and mud fever, among other common horse healthcare problems, is triggering the demand for healthcare services. Such findings are contributing to the growth of the equine healthcare market. Problems of worms, sweet itch and back problems are translating into revenue opportunities for market stakeholders.
Wearables Enable Early Indication of healthcare Issues in Horses
Apart from drugs, vaccines and supplemental feed additives, market stakeholders are boosting RD in the equestrian sports technology such as wearables for horses. As such, there is a need for validated approaches of consistently and regularly tracking healthcare parameters such as temperature, heart rate, and respiratory rates. Thus, wearable devices hold promising potentials to offer these statistics.
The data gathered by wearable devices has the ability to give an earlier indication of issues, which may require veterinary investigation. Such innovations are translating into incremental opportunities for med-tech companies in the equine healthcare market.
Safety and Welfare of Horses Crucial While Innovating in Therapeutics
In the racing industry, medication use has changed drastically over the years, as manufacturers develop new drugs whilst scientists hone techniques they use to analyze and identify therapeutic medications. healthcare companies are focusing on maintaining a level playing field, protecting the safety of the horse, and protecting the betting public. As such, companies are boosting the production of corticosteroids, NSAIDs, and bisphosphonates, among other drugs.
Racing regulators have historically permitted NSAID use within 24-hrs of race time. However, in the recent times, there have been recommendations to increase the timeframe to no earlier than 48-hrs.
Equine Healthcare Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global equine healthcare market for the historical period 2017–2019 and forecast period 2021–2028, strong impact of the equine industry on the economy is projected to drive the global equine healthcare market during the forecast period
Strong Impact of Equine Industry on Economy: Key Driver
- The equine industry involves breeding, keeping, and overall management of horses. It has a strong impact on the overall economy. The industry creates income opportunities for several veterinary physicians, equestrians, and others. Additionally, it involves a supply demand scenario of equine healthcare products. Strong economic impact of the equine industry is expected to drive the global equine healthcare market.
High Incidence of Equine Infections: Major Driver
- Horse breeding is a core activity in the equine industry. Hence, choice of breeding stock and better healthcare management of breeds are crucial to improve breeding operations. Occurrence of equine infections is another major concern for the breeders. For instance, South America and the Caribbean have high incidence of Potomac horse fever.
- The West Nile Virus infection among horses has been controlled; however, sudden emergence of the virus can cause concerns among horse owners. Moreover, tetanus and equine influenza cases are evident among the global horse community. Hence, high incidence of equine infections is likely to drive the global equine healthcare market.
Decline in Global Equine Population to Hamper Market
- The global equine healthcare market has strong correlation with the global equine population
- According to a research, the horse population in the Americas declined by 5.37% in the past five years, while the horse population declined by 7.47% during the same period
- Hence, fall in the global horse population is likely to restrain the global equine healthcare market during the forecast period
Request Brochure: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=Brep_id=1603
Equine Healthcare Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global equine healthcare market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global equine healthcare market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global equine healthcare market are
- Bayer AG (Bayer Animal healthcare)
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Ceva Santé Animale
- Eli Lilly and Company (Elanco)
- Equine Products UK Ltd.
- Merck Co. (Merck Animal healthcare)
- Sanofi (Merial)
- Purina Animal Nutrition LLC.
- Vetoquinol S.A.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453