Cytology and HPV Testing Market:Overview
According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global cytology and HPV testing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, high incidence rate of HPV infections and increasing incidence of cervical cancer worldwide are projected to drive the global cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period According to the report, the global cytology and HPV testing market was valued at US$ 7.42 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2019 to 2027
Rising Incidence of Cervical Cancer Worldwide: Key Drivers
- According to the American Cancer Society, cervical canceris one of the most common causes of cancer death for in women in the U.S. In addition, according to the organization, it has been estimated that approximately 12,990 women in the U.S. would be diagnosed with cervical cancer and 4,120 deaths would occur from this disease in
- However, as per various research studies conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of new cases of cervical cancer patients and the number of deaths due to cervical cancer have decreased significantly in the past 40 years i.e., between 1955 and 1992, the cervical cancer death rate declined by almost70% in U.S.
- The decline in death rate is attributed to factors such as increased use of Pap screening test and growing awareness among cervical cancer patients about screening tests available commercially in the market and the offered benefits for disease prevention
- Thus, considering all the factors mentioned above, increasing prevalence rate of cervical cancer patients, growing awareness about disease prevention, and large-scale availability of screening kits and diagnostic products are expected to increase the adoption of diagnostic tests, thereby boosting the growth of the market
- Thus, increasing incidence of cervical cancer is likely to boost the cytology and HPV testing market during the forecast period
High Incidence Rate of HPV Infection to Boost Market Growth
- HPV infection is one of the most common causes of cervical cancer. It accounts for about 90%of cervical cancer cases and is diagnosed through Pap smear screening and HPV testing.
- The spread of HPV infection poses a great threat to an individual’s immune system and leads to the conversion of normal cervix cells into cancerous cells. Two types of HPV infections — HPV 16 and HPV 18 — account for 70% of the overall cervical cancer cases and are termed as “high-risk” infections.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cervical cancer is the most prevalent HPV-related disease, with an estimated 530,000new cases every year. Furthermore, according to the Cancer Research UK, about 3,100 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year in the country.
- Various factors contributing to the high incidence rate of HPV infections include weakened immune system, smoking, chronic inflammation and long-term oral contraceptive The International Agency for Research and Cancer predicted that the rate of HPV related cervical cancer would rise by 40%in the near future.
- Hence, HPV infection remains one of the leading causes of cervical cancer and rising prevalence and incidence rates are expected to drive the growth of the market
Lack of Appropriate Primary Healthcare Infrastructure to Hamper Market
- Lack of proper healthcare infrastructure and the presence of outdated facilities in most of the developing countries and emerging markets are the biggest restraints of the cytology and HPV testing market
- It has been observed that a large number of patients in many developing regions do not have access to modern primary healthcare infrastructure such as labs, clinics, diagnostic centers, equipment and supplies, and trained laboratory experts. Hence, inadequate and unreliable infrastructure deters the patient population from HPV and cytology testing.
- Due to lack of primary care infrastructure for testing and diagnostics in various emerging countries such as Brazil, China and India, patients are constantly seeking treatment from hospitals, thereby raising the hospitalization cost rates. Consequently, most of the patients evade screening tests to avoid high hospitalization costs.
- According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Mexico spends2%of its GDP on healthcare, which is lower than the average of 9.5% in OECD countries. This has resulted in lack of resources allocated for the country’s healthcare infrastructure leading to inappropriate medical care units such as operating rooms and insufficient beds.
- Therefore, insufficiency and poor distribution of resources for constructing medical infrastructure is expected to impede the growth of the cytology and HPV testing market
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19rep_id=2216
Global Cytology and HPV Testing Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global cytology and HPV testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global cytology and HPV testing market are
- Dickinson and Company
- Cepheid, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc.
- Arbor Vita Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- OncoHealth Corporation
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453