Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Introduction
- Thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cage is a prosthesis used in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion procedures. Thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages are implantable devices utilized to maintain foraminal height and decompression.
Read Report Overview -
- Spinal fusion is a surgical procedure used to correct problems with small bones in the spine (vertebrae). An interbody fusion is a type of spinal fusion that involves removing the intervertebral disk. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) are types of interbody fusion procedures.
Key Drivers of Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market is likely to be driven by rise in adoption of thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages for spine fusion procedures over pedicle screws as it eliminates the risk associated with breakage
- According to an article published by Veritas Health, LLC, clinical studies on thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages indicate that the patient's pain is improved 60% to 70% after TLIF spinal fusion surgery
Request Brochure of Report -
- Rise in number of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion procedures is expected to fuel the growth of the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period
- According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, around 17,000 estimated new spinal cord injuries (SCIs) occur in the U.S. annually. High incidence rate of spinal injuries and sports injuries has boosted the growth of the thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market.
- According to the United Nations University (UNU) estimates, the percentage of the world population above 65 years of age is anticipated to increase from 9% in 2010 to 16% by 2050. Incidence of degenerative disc disease is expected to rise with increase in aging population. Rise in geriatric population drives the demand for cervical traction devices. This, in turn, contributes to the growth of the global cervical traction devices market.
Get COVID-19 Analysis on Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market -
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- North America is projected to lead the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period. North America is a leading market for thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages, owing to high rate of adoption of thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages for spinal cord surgeries in health care settings.
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, annual incidence of spinal cord injury (SCI) is approximately 54 cases per one million people in the U.S., that is about 17,700 new SCI cases each year
- Increase in awareness about spinal fusion surgeries and rise in patient base suffering from spinal injuries in the U.S. are expected to drive the thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market in the region
- According to researchers’ estimates, 17,730 new SCI cases occur each year. In 2019, approximately 249,000 to 363,000 people were living with SCI in the U.S.
Enquiry Before Buying -
Government bodies in Europe are approving thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages devices. Furthermore, rise in number of specialty clinics in Europe is anticipated to propel the demand for thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages in this region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market are:
- Medacta International
- ARCA MEDICA
- ulrich GmbH Co. KG
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Neonatal Intensive Care Market:
Equine Diagnostic Services Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453