Flowers are the most wonderful gifts that have been presented to humans by the Almighty. In return, we offer the most enchanting flowers grown, protected and nurtured by us to him, on his alter. Although our offerings are humble in comparison to what he has bestowed upon us, yet we try to please him with whatever we have.
We have a vast collection of mesmerising posies available in our flower shop in Dubai, which can be used as beautiful offerings to our great Lord. You can also have flowers delivered online through our website www.uaeflowers.com to regale your loved ones on special occasions.
Flowers are borne on trees and plants. These flower-bearing plants need special care in all seasons, especially in winters, so that they can bear flowers to their utmost capacity. If uncared for, the plants wither and perish in the harsh, cold weather.
Some tips that ascertain how to keep plants alive in winter are as follows -
1. To save flowers from damage, keep them away from direct sunlight. Extreme temperatures, either hot or cold are harmful to the plants as well as the flowers as frequent changes in temperatures result in damaged petals and leaves.
2. Keep plants and flowers away from open windows to keep them alive for a longer period. Cold and strong breeze tends to cause irreparable damage to the flowers and plants.
3. Cut stems every week to optimise water absorption. The stems should be cut off about one inch every trimming. The dead stems are unable to absorb water causing the plants and flowers to perish.
4. When keeping plants and flowers indoor do not keep them near the fireplace or near the A.C. ducts. Frequent temperature changes are not good for them.
5. Keep an eye on the water level. Keep winter flower bouquets well hydrated and refill the vase whenever necessary to increase the life span of the blooms.
6. Take care of winter flowers by changing water and adding flower food frequently. When the water turns murky, it indicates that it is time to change the water in the vase.
7. As flowers need food to survive, add apple cider vinegar mixed with one teaspoon sugar to the water. This will keep the flowers well-nourished and fresh for a longer period.
8. When placing flowers in water, remove the leaves as they decay faster and attract bacteria which are harmful to the flowers. While changing water, remove the dead flowers from the stems and keep only the fresh ones.
9. For plants, remove the dead flowers after the first frost as the rotten flowers will infect the good ones and hasten the decaying process in them.
10. Avoid changing pots during winter as it is tough on plants to adjust into the new pot. Opt for it only if extremely necessary otherwise wait for the warmer spring season as the plants survive in the pleasant weather.
11. It is advised to use a humidifier to add extra moisture to dry winter air to help keep leaves from drying more. Besides being good for the plants the humidifier is good for your lungs too.
Winter season is a host to many special occasions like the New Year, Christmas, Rose Day, Valentine's Day etc. As birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, the arrival of new baby, house warming and many other occasions of loved ones fall during the winter season you can order flowers in Abu dhabi with gifts to be delivered online through www.uaeflowers.com.
Send bouquets, hand bunches, flowers in a basket, flowers in a vase, flowers in a box, flowers in a sleeve or flower stands online, whichever suits the occasion and is according to your preference.