If your Canon printer is showing offline on your PC, it is certain that it cannot communicate with your PC for any type of data transfer. You cannot make any prints until the Canon Wireless Printer Back Online. Canon Printer offline error is the most common error encountered by the several Canon printer owners. In the case of urgent printing of an urgent document, and if you see an offline error on the screen of your Computer, ensure there is a problem with the hardware or software for your printer. Have you been worrying about How Do I Get My Canon Wireless Printer Back Online? Offline printer troubleshooting is quite easy for us. And since the error has been bothering you, we will suggest the following. TIn this blog, we will cover a multitude of offline troubleshooting methods to clarify what exactly is wrong with your printing device
Why is My Canon Printer Offline?
Sometimes, the problem is caused by poor connectivity. Whether it is cable or wireless connectivity, make sure you are connecting your computer and printer correctly to both the source and port. To bring Canon Wireless Printer Back Online, you must check every aspect of the connectivity and configuration of the devices so you can resolve the issues as soon as possible. If the Canon Printer Offline Error is occurring with your printer and computer device, you can fix it by making the below-mentioned settings.
Are you also wondering How Do I Get My Canon Wireless Printer Back Online? It may help you to know that there are several causes for why your printer says it is offline. There are some common causes of Canon printers being offline, namely, faulty networks. Sometimes, your network connection may not be working properly. At other times, your connection may be working correctly, but you may not have made it correctly.
Another cause of the offline error is an option in your system called "Use printer offline". When this option is enabled, the printing process is paused or your printer goes offline. This error can also result from printer drivers that have not been installed correctly. Furthermore, your device may be offline if the printer driver you have installed is outdated.
Easy Methods to Fix Canon Offline Printer Issues
Following are some results driven solutions which have proven to be successful in resolving Canon Wireless Printer Back Online. Refer to them carefully to know how to do it correctly. Now, there is no need to go to the printer store to get the issue fixed when you can do it yourself.
Restart Printer Spooler service
If you get the "Canon printer is offline" message, you can resolve it by restarting the print spooler service. For those of you who need a refresher, print spooler is responsible for managing print jobs sent to the printer.
- From the Start menu, search for service (Desktop app). Click Services (Desktop app) from the results.
- Using the right-click menu, click Restart. If the option to Restart is greyed out, click Start.
- Then right-click on Print Spooler again and select Properties. Set its Startup type to Automatic. Click OK to save your changes.
- Restart your PC and try to print your file to see if your printer works.
Disable Use Printer Offline Option
The procedure of disabling the option of "Use Printer Offline" can help you bring your Canon printer back to online printing when it appears offline.
- From Start, search for control panel (desktop app). Click the result to open it.
- Click Hardware and Sound Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Canon printer in the Printers catalog and choose See what's printing.
- Check if Use Printer Offline is unchecked by clicking Printer. If it is checked with a check mark, uncheck it..
- Click Printer again and this time click Cancel All Documents.
- Print your file to see if your Canon printer works.
Reconnect Device to Wi-Fi
If your printer is offline, but connected to the internet via wifi, an easy fix is to reconnect it to the network. Below we explain how to do that.
- Locate the wifi button on your Canon printer and press it.
- Keep holding it until the wifi light begins to blink.
- As soon as you see the wireless light blinking blue repeatedly, press the WPS button on the router.
- As the available networks are searched and connected to the access points, the light will blink.
- Once the device gets connected, the light will stay on.
Using this procedure, you will be able to bring your Canon Wireless Printer Back Online quickly.
Update Printer Driver
Update the Canon printer driver has proven effective for Canon printer offline troubleshooting. Therefore, in this fix, we will show you how to update the Canon printer driver
- On your system, press the “Windows” key and the “R” key.
- When the “Run” dialog box gets opened, type “msc” and then press the “Enter” key.
- Then, go to the “Device Manager” and open the sub-menu “Print queues”.
- Right-click on the printer hardware and then select the option “Update driver”.
- After clicking the "Next" button, you will be prompted with the question "How do you want to search for drivers?" To proceed, choose "Browse my computer for driver software."
- After the Canon printer driver has been updated, you have to reboot your system.
Reinstall Printer Software
In our experience, some users who often complain that their Canon printer keeps going offline have been able to resolve the issue by performing a Canon printer software reinstall.
- You can open the Run box by pressing Windows key and R together. In the box, type devmgmt.msc, then click OK.
- Choose Uninstall device from the right-click menu under Print queues after finding your Canon printer driver..
- Download the latest driver for your printer model from Canon official website. Then install it on your computer.
Download the driver from Canon website is direct and straightforward though, it could be really time-consuming.
There are a variety of causes and solutions for How Do I Get My Canon Wireless Printer Back Online, so we covered them all in this blog post. We hope our instructions were easy to follow. You will also be able to find assistance here to fix the Canon support code error if you also need such great solutions.