You can use Norton Ghost, True Image or other imaging software that will help you in copying the bytes and everything that is present on your present hard drive to another hard drive without affecting any other file. You will not lose any data, file or even the programs of your Operating system. There is some retail boxed up disks that come with the CDs of software to boot. Such CDs can copy the data from an old data disk to a new or latest one. The CDs generally have good pictures with apt instructions to be followed.
Norton Ghost is magnificent software that will remove the unwanted files from your device without hampering your files, documents and even your programs that are running presently. Here, in this article you will get to learn the basics of Norton Ghost and how can you swap Boot drive on your PC using the Norton Ghost security software. So, without any delay to explain, let’s get started with the topic.
Elaborated instructions to guide you the way for using Norton Ghost (Norton.com/setup)
In this section, you will get the detailed steps that will explain to you how you can execute the booting drive process using Norton Ghost:
- You need to purchase according to your needs. Whether it is a new hard drive, floppy or the imaging software of your choice you need to purchase the things according to your needs.
- Now, insert the disk with the name of “Norton Ghost 2003”. Doing this will give you the ability to create a bootable floppy disk to run the ghost on.
- You need to make sure that the Jumper settings for your present hard drive are set to the “Master” option.
- After this, insert the floppy disk into your floppy drive and then turn off the computer.
- Followed by this, you just have to plug in the new hard drive and plug it to the “Slave” channel.
- Plug the “Slave” channel into the IDE connection of the hard drive and owe connector to the power supply and then to the hard drive.
- Now, switch on your computer and if you have set your device’s boot priority to floppy before the HDD then you are on the right track.
- Wait for the Norton Ghost to run, now ask whether you want to transform the connected drives to the Ghost ones.
- Acknowledge the capacity of each drive and select the smaller driver for the source drive.
- Now, select the destination drive and see the warning about the destination drive on-screen.
- Click on the “OK” option and once the process is over, select the “Quit” option from the menu.
- This will remove the diskette and will turn off your PC or computer.
- Now, unplug both the hard drives and make the changes accordingly.
- After this, you have to boot into Windows with your entire data intact, program installed with the larger capacity.
Note: - If you need assistance with the steps mentioned above, you need to visit the official website of Norton that can be reached via Norton.com/setup.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that the steps mentioned in this article have helped you to swap Boot drive using Norton Ghost. If you are still stuck in between the steps or not able to complete the process then it is strongly advised to visit the official Norton website that goes by the URL Norton.com/setup. The technical assistance is provided to you 24*7*365 days. You can even dial the Norton Support number that is available on the website.