Obesity is a universal problem. People spend lots of money on gaining a fit, sexy, and healthy figure back. When it isn’t in our control to maintain weight and an overweight body becomes a reason for many diseases, doctors suggest lap band surgery Melbourne to get the shape back.
Not only is it to have a better figure or body, but the lap band Melbourne surgery is also suggested for good health.
But, how could someone know if he or she is under the list of obesity or not?
Obesity can be defined by BMI which means, “Body Mass Index”. Whenever lifestyle modification remains the main thing for the treatment, surgical options become more popular.
Gastric banding or lap band surgery is a surgical treatment for obesity. These types of intervention are known as bariatric surgery.
There has been a procedure that constricts the stomach so that anyone that prefers the surgery feels full and eats less which impacts their body. And this way, they can control their body.
Here are a few fun facts about gastric band surgery that you should include.
- Gastric band surgery is a type of bariatric or weight loss surgery.
- The procedure is a quick, minimally invasive, and adjustable surgical procedure that can help in decreasing the stomach size by controlling food intake.
- The procedure also involves placing an inflatable band around the top of the stomach. It will result in a person that feels fuller after less food consumption.
- It is important to consume a strict liquid-only diet with the gradual reintroduction of soft or light foods for around 6 weeks.
- The procedure of banding can result in weight loss and it can also help in improving diabetes but the requirement of weight loss varies majorly from person to person.
What should you eat after surgery?
Initially, you should restrict the food that you intake after surgery. Make sure to take water and fluids such as soups for a starting some days. When the fourth week ends, you should start taking liquids and blended foods such as pure vegetables and yoghurt. From 4 to 6 weeks, we suggest you take soft food. After the completion of 6 weeks, a person can start taking regular meals.
What are the benefits of lap band surgery?
Although, there are endless benefits that you can include in lap band surgery, here are a few.
- It will improve the quality of life after surgery
- It will also reduce any risk of diabetes, urinary incontinence, high blood pressure, and other many conditions that are related to excess body weight.
- There will remain a small chance of wound infection and hernias after surgery.
- There is a possibility of long-term weight loss for anyone who is suffering from obesity.
Start finding out the best lap band surgery Melbourne Centre from where you can treat your problem of obesity. Thanks for reading this guide.