In this article, we have discussed the ways with which you can fix Wi-Fi range issues on your Windows 10 PC.One of the greatest ways to connect online is by usingWi-Fi. Not only it’sworth using, but also it prevents your setup from wired connections.Even though it is convenient and effective, users have reported issues with their Wi-Fi ranges. So, we have presented some fixes that you can use to resolve the Wi-Fi range issues on your PC. Click here:- CBA login
Update the Network Adapter Drivers
One of the most significant reasons for the Wi-Fi range issues is an outdated driver. So, we recommend you to update the network adapter drivers of your system.To download the latest drivers,visit your motherboard or the network adapter manufacturer’s website.Some users also preferuninstalling the currently installed Wi-Fi driver and install the default drivers. You can do the same by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press together Windows Key + X and further tap on the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, locate your wireless adapter, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.
- Once you have uninstalled the driver, restart your PC. Doing so will install the default driver, and once it happens, your problem might get resolved.
Opt for the Maximum Performance Mode
By default, themedium power saving mode is set for the wireless adapters to work on Windows 10. Even though it’s good but sometimes it may create issues with the Wi-Fi range. So, to fix this issue, you are recommended to change thepower settings of your Wi-Fi adapter to maximum performance. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:
- Press together the Windows Key + S and tap on “Power Options.”
- On the window that appears on your screen, figure out your current plan, and then tap on the”Change Plan Settings.”
- Further, tap on”Change advanced power settings.”
- Figure out the”Wireless Adapter Settings” and further enable “Maximum Performance” for the Power Saving Mode.
- Now tap on “Apply” and press OK to submit the changes you have made.
Please be noted that the High-Performance mode will lead to quick battery drainage. So, be prepared for that.
Check the Status of Your Wireless Card
Sometimes you might face Wi-Fi range issues on your wireless adapter due to a hardware problem.If you, too, are facing these kinds of issues, your Wi-Fi card needs to be replaced with a new one.
Change the Sensibility Value
Users claimed that a change in the Sensibility value tends to fix the issues of Wi-Fi range on Windows 10. So, you need to try changing theSensibility value, and it can be done with the steps mentioned below:
- Tap on the Windows Key + X, further choose the option Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, right-click on the Wi-Fi adapter option andselect the option Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab and set the option Roaming Aggressiveness/Roaming Sensitivity Level/Roam Tendency to Aggressive or Highest.
- Set Transmit Power Levelor Transmit Power to Highest.
- Further, set Antenna Diversity to Auto.
- Now, if your wireless network is operating on a 5GHz frequency, you need to select Prefer 802.11a for the Band Preference. In case your wireless network is operating at a frequency of 2.4GHz, you need to choose Prefer 802.11g/b.
- Click on submit to make the changes and further restart the device.
Many users claim that the issues with the Wi-Fi range can be fixed by disabling the Bluetooth adapter. So, you can try doing that with the help of the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Device Manager by using the Windows Key + X buttontogether.
- Further, go to the Bluetooth section and then figure out the Bluetooth adapter.
- Now right-click on it to Disable it.
Set antenna diversity to Auxiliary
Some users have reported that the Wi-Fi range issues resolve automaticallywhen the antenna diversity is set to auxiliary. You can also try doing that:
- Launch the Device Manager and search forthe wireless adapter.
- Select the option Properties by right-clicking.
- Now head over to“Advanced” and set the “Antenna Diversity” option to Auxiliary.
- Submit the changes and check if your issue gets resolved.
Update your router firmware
Updating the router firmware may help fix the Wi-Fi range issues.However, doing updating the router firmware is a bit more complicated cum time-consuming task. You need to check your router manual for further details regarding the task. Be careful while doing this, as the procedure, when followed incorrectly, will lead to permanent damage to your router.
So, these were some of the fixes that you can use to resolve the Wi-Fi range issues.