Many teachers encourage their students to write narrative essays out of personal experiences rather than crafting a short story mainly unrelated to them, based on fictional events. This helps the students write about things as they happened in real life, whereas in stories based on fiction they wouldn’t know where to start. However, many find personal narratives daunting, as they find it hard to come up with a fantastic story such as the short stories they come across.
Some students even look for a free essay writer who can help them craft and style their stories from scratch. What they don’t realize is that they need not religiously narrate the actual events and take the liberty for the sake of the story to add bits and pieces on their own to make the story more interesting and effective.
The personal narrative writing allows you to demonstrate your storytelling abilities with all its components and it tests your ability to include creativity in your story. There are many ways that you can ensure that through the personal narrative essay, you deliver an interesting and capturing story.
Don’t be afraid to assist your story with fiction writing
We usually go over the events in our past and think to ourselves: ‘what if we had done this thing differently, or what if we said something else.’ These digressions and daydreaming of our minds end up becoming more interesting than what happened in real life.
In narrative writing, you shouldn’t be afraid to cross the boundary into fiction writing such that you present the story the way you wished it to be rather than how it actually panned out. Remember to always take a balanced approach and not overuse fiction to make the story seem unreal. Great writers tend to find the right balance in taking the freedom to modify the actual story to allow for a more interesting read.
Understand that the stories are everywhere
Those who are reluctant to write about their lives and who question their storytelling ability should be made to realize that they are life and converse various stories in their daily lives. Every day they perform various actions, have various dialogues, and meet lots of characters. The storytelling ability will come naturally and with some practice when you realize that stories are just like actual instances put into written words.
Know the narrative structure: the story arc
Before you head into the story writing make sure that you have jotted down each part of your complete story in a story each, that will give you your structure for the story.
A normal essay structure has the following parts:
- Exposition: gives the story its background description and context.
- Introduction to the problem: the central problem or the conflict is introduced that starts off the story.
- Rising action: How the characters interact with the problem as they try to overcome it.
- Climax: The turning point of the story to where the action peaks and an outcome is expected.
- Falling action: The aftermath of the outcome and how the characters deal with it.
- Resolution: What the character has realized and what s/he takes from the ordeal or experience.
Perfect the elements of story writing
Once essaywriter have written the drafts of the story, the story begins taking a complete shape in its action and the narrative. You should then start to perfect the elements of the story writing and make the story whole. For this, you should include in the writing, among many other things :
- Vivid and strong descriptions of characters and settings
- Strong dialogues that depict the conversation between the characters.
- Make your nouns precise and the action verbs strong
- Have a start, a middle, and an end.