Pests are problems all over the world and Australia or Sydney is no difference. But before we start making a list of common household pests, what harms they can possibly do or how they can be prevented, we better take a look at what households pests actually are?
What qualifies as household pests?
These are actually nothing more than common insects, bugs, reptiles or mammals and though none of them are life threatening in the true sense of the word – they cause extensive damage to property and materials and some of them carry diseases those might cause serious problems. Pests also take an active role in spreading diseases and therefore it is always better to have a pest free house and any professional Pest Control Cabramatta can help and guide you in this regard.
Here is a list of 5 common pests and how you can better control them.
- Cockroaches: They are found almost everywhere and are the most common household bug that you will find. They prefer warm and dark areas and kitchens and bathrooms are the spaces mostly infested by them. Cockroaches are careers of a wide variety of diseases those can affect human beings and some of them can turn fatal at times. Using cockroach traps and sprays available in the market will help you in keeping those under control but you must use those products with caution. Maintaining the cleanliness of the house and removing all dirt and garbage will also keep the cockroaches away.
- Termites: Though termites do not spread diseases but they are the silent destroyers of wooden structures and furniture and can really cost you in hundreds of dollars. There are many termite protection products now available in the market but termite control is best done by professional hands for they know how to locate and identify infected areas and better ways of eliminating them.
- Rodents: Rodents are perhaps the most annoying of al common household pests and they are pretty destructive too. Moreover they also spread diseases and are extremely hard to get rid of. No wonder homeowners around Sydney look for professional service providers for eliminating rodents from their properties. One is also required to keep his house clean and offer no attraction for the rodents to offer. All entry points should be sealed with metal mashes.
- Ants: Ants are of many types and not all of them are harmful. But if there are carpenter ants in your property, you need to take care of them or prevent those from entering the house. Carpenter ants also eat up moist wood from inside and form large colonies inside wooden structures – making the structures hollow from inside and ultimately crumble with time.
- Possums: As their natural habitat is shrinking, possums are often found to invade residential and commercial properties and can cause extensive damage to the roof and insulation. But you better keep in mind that possums are a protected species in Australia and cannot be killed. You better sick help from Pest Control Penrith in such a situation and stay within the premises of the law.