Despite being commendable in their job, the HP printers face technical issues at times. According to the HP printer users, one of the most common issues that arise regularly is the HP Envy 7640 printer offline. It has been noted to cause inconvenience while working and thus hamper the work quality. HP printers have been doing an excellent job, but the occurrence of such issues regularly hampers the customer experience and leads to a negative impact on the brand name.
Why does my hp envy 7640 keeps going offline?
To overcome the HP Envy 7640 offline problems, we must understand the reasons first. As complained by the users, here is a list of the most common reasons for such an error in the HP printer.
- You might have manually selected the 'Use printer offline' alternative with the device.
- The HP printer might not be set as default with the computer.
- The printer drivers might not be efficient to work with the HP printer.
- The internet connection might not be strong to allow proper functioning.
Solutions for the hp envy 7640 offline problems
There could be several solutions to the HP envy 7640 keeps going offline error. However, in this article, we will look at a few that any user can carry out. No technical experience or knowledge is required for the same, and hence these act as the best yet simple methods.
Also Check - 123 hp com setup
Method 1: Bring your printer back online
- Switch on your device and printer.
- Make sure they are connected firmly.
- From the start menu of your device, open the control panel.
- Go to the devices and printers option among the others present on the screen.
- The computer will display a list of connected printers and devices and the HP printer's name.
- Click on your specific HP printer name and go to the printer menu.
- Uncheck the 'Use printer offline' alternative, and you are good to go.
The above steps would allow you to bring back the HP printer in online mode. If this was not the reason or the solution could not help, you may move forward with the other method.
Method 2: Set the Hp printer as the default
- Select the Windows button on your computer screen and go to the control panel.
- Select devices and printers to open a list of connected ones with your device.
- Right-click on your HP Envy printer name and select the 'Set as default' printer option.
You can now successfully start working with your printer as the problem is resolved. If you still encounter HP Envy 7640 offline error on your computer screen, you may proceed with the other solutions.
Method 3: Update the existing printer drivers or get the new ones
Your printer needs to consist of updated printer drivers. The absence of the same can affect the proper functioning and hamper the work quality. You can use the below-mentioned steps to update your existing printer drivers.
- Open the device manager window from the Start menu of your computer.
- Go to the printer section as displayed on-screen amongst various other options.
- Click on your specific printer model number and right-click on the same.
- Select the 'Update drivers' option from the others available.
- Now click on the 'search automatically' option and allow your device a few minutes to update the printer drivers.
- Finally, you can restart your printer and check if it has started working normally.
If you do not have the printer drivers installed on your system, you may do so from the HP official website. You can easily find the compatible and updated version of the printer driver for your specific HP printer by entering the same model number. Also, allow your printer and device to restart after the end of the entire downloading and installation process.
The above methods are easy to carry out and successfully solve your HP Envy 7640 printer offline issue. On an off chance, if you are still in the middle of the error and do not know how to avoid the same, you may contact the HP officials for expert assistance. HP official website allows 24/7 online assistance in case of any queries or issues relating to the HP brand and its products.
Also Read :